Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ground Beef Pizza

Around once a week we make pizza. James loves it and like to work on my dough skills.
The other day I took down one of beloved packages of Hearst Ranch ground beef to make James a plate of sliders and still had about half left in the fridge. Seemed like a good night for Hamburger Pizza. I sautéed the meat (along with several chopped slices of pancetta) in olive oil with oregano, fennel seeds, lots of garlic, crushed red peppers, and tomato paste until the meat was cooked through. As usual I spread the dough across an oiled 11 x 17 baking sheet. I toped the dough with the cooled meat, thinly sliced red onions, slivers of garlic, chopped parsley, rounds of fresh mozzarella and shaved parmesan cheese. Twenty minutes at 500) and we had an American take on an Italian favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment