Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One Dinner Two Appliances

Everything is easier when you plan ahead. I marinated a pork shoulder roast overnight in about a cup each of lime juice (I had some in the freezer), lemon juice (I had some left over from my apple jelly adventure) and orange juice (I had a few past their prime oranges in the fridge), I added in 1/2 cup of olive oil, salt, pepper, about a TB of dried oregano and about a dozen chopped cloves of garlic. The next morning I put the whole mess (not quite all of the liquid but all of the garlic for sure) along with two sliced onions in the crock pot and let it simmer for about 10 hours on low.
I started some white rice in the rice cooker an after about 10 minutes added in a mixture of sautéed onions, red peppers, cumin, oregano, crushed red peppers, S&P, and a drained rinsed can of black beans. When the rice was ready the beans were heated through and ready to fluff and serve.
A couple slices of totally out of season but still completely delicious avocado and dinner was served.

No comments:

Post a Comment