Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cooking For The Freezer

James has been out of town for a couple days. Instead of making his dinner I spent that time stocking the freezer just a bit. Everybody's favorite make ahead freezer meal -- lasagna! I happened to have noodles in the house and for some reason (mostly our very generous beef cattle raising neighbors) plenty of ground beef. I made a thick Bolognese style ragĂș with beef, ground pork (a pork chop I had in the freezer) and bacon (we didn't have pancetta but that hint of smokiness didn't seem to hurt the sauce a bit) and a milk white bechamel sauce (one of James favorites). I layered the sauces and noodles, with grated mozzarella and parmesan then wrapped up two lasagnas for the freezer and left one out for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment