Friday, March 23, 2012

Potatoes and Beans

James, the dogs and I spent all day outside doing yard work. When it came time for dinner I could barely think. I just had no idea. I put some potatoes in the oven to bake. Figured that was a good place to start no matter what went with it. James loves broccoli so I decided to steam some up. My first thought was baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese, but that seemed like it would need a salad and I just didn't feel like washing any lettuce. Besides it never hurts to have a little protein after a long day's work. I looked in the cupboard and happened on a jar of big beautiful white beans and quickly decided on a bean sauté to top those baked potatoes. I mixed diced bacon, onion, celery, crushed red peppers, parsley, thyme, and a bit of fresh sage in a saucepan with warm olive oil and let the vegetables sauté until the onions were tender. I added in the beans, heated through (well a little more than just through to let the beans absorb some of the flavor) and finished the "sauce" with a touch of cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment