Friday, May 23, 2014

Roasted Cauliflower


Our current favorite vegetable dish, whole oven roasted cauliflower. I've talked about it before. After cutting away the leaves I rub the whole head with a bit of olive oil, S&P and pop it in a 425ยบ oven for about an hour (sometimes an hour and 15 minutes). Simple. Today instead of za'atar and tahini my usual go to for cauliflower I went in a more Italian direction with anchovy parsley sauce. I put 4 (maybe 6) anchovy filets in a saucepan with 2 cloves of slivered garlic and a hearty glug of olive oil. I heated the pan and gave a good stir so the anchovies dissolved in the oil. Then off the heat I added juice of 1/2 a lemon and a good handful of chopped parsley. The warm sauce covered the just roasted cauliflower.
"I think a lot of people think they don't like anchovies," James said between bites. "They've never tasted a dish like this."



No comments:

Post a Comment